1. TNEB Expresses Happiness About C&D Training Delivery; Records Improvement in Operations
The Human Resource Development wing of Tamil Nadu Electricity Board (TNEB) expresses its gratitude to REC for recognising the achievements of TNEB in conducting the REC funded National Level Training Programme on “Electricity Distribution Improvement” for the C & D employees of TNEB, During the year 2009–10, 3668 Nos. of Employees were trained in the programme and following are the benefits attained by them:
· An awareness has been created among the C& D employees of TNEB to reduce AT&C losses. They have been trained on the standard erection practices of Distribution Transformer Structure, HT & LT lines, resulting in the reduction of the breakdown of the equipment & lines. Practical exposure has been given on Earthing of Distribution Transformers and its allied HT & LT lines and the vital role of proper Earthing in averting failure of Equipment have been emphasized.
· Training on the maintenance aspects of Distribution Transformer Structure, HT & LT lines and the impact of maintenance of these items in reducing DT failure, breakdown of lines and reduction of losses were also explained. Training was also imparted on the Standard procedures on effecting service connections to ensure better service to the consumers and to prevent pilferage of energy to reduce the commercial losses. The importance of VAR Compensation was also highlighted.
· Safety procedures and safe handling of tools were discussed to avert accidents. Practical demonstrations conducted during the session on Fire fighting. This has increased the employee’s confidence to identify and use the correct type of fire extinguisher during a fire accident. Practical First Aid training has also been imparted to trainees to adopt correct methods / procedures to rescue a person in an accident emergency.
· C&D Employees of TNEB have been exposed to the National Standards and Procedures. The design of the module with 40% theory and 60% practical sessions has been very effective. The training has made the employees feel that they are part of the National Mission in extending reliable supply to the consumers. They feel proud that the country has taken care of their capacity building. They are happy to attend the first National Level Training Programme in their mother tongue with a National Certification.
2. A WORD OF PRAISE ABOUT TRAINING PROGRAMMS FROM MPPaKVCL,INDORE
We have started seeing the benefits of REC training programs for Franchisee & C&D employees. The feedback of the training is not only positive but outstanding. It is well known that the technology in the workplace is changing very rapidly and the companies that can’t keep up will drop out of the competition. Thus, training plays a very vital role and in this context the REC training program for Franchisee, C&D employees have helped the organization to achieve its overall goals and objectives. After Franchisee Training program most of the participants said that it is a very positive step ahead towards the growth of the villagers along with improvising the services of distribution of electricity. A number of participants have shown interest and desire to become a part in taking the electricity distribution Franchisee work as their carrier.
C&D training program - Variant I has created a sense of belongingness & security. It has also motivated our employees to work more efficiently by brushing up there existing knowledge and giving an opportunity to interact with their supervisors and colleagues. It will be worth emphasizing that this comprehensive training of Variant I has tremendously helped to reduce number of electrical accidents as it provided a solid platform for sharing practical knowledge and innovative ideas.
C&D Training program - Variant III has brought wonders to the organisation. It is worth mentioning here that this is one of the most important trainings which were not happening very frequently. This training inculcated multi-purpose approach among the employees whereby they have now knowledge of various streams like Establishment, Revenue, Book Keeping, Works, Stores etc., This has now helped the organization to create a back up for each position and help in developing a succession planning.
Its our pleasure to organise the training program of REC as this has benefited the organization by creating a harmony between employer and employees. It also establishes us as socially responsible organization.
(Source: Mr. M.R Natarajan ,HR Manager)
3. Assam commences Training Delivery for C&D Employees & Franchisees
Lower Assam Electricity Distribution Co. Ltd. (LAEDCL) at present Assam Power Distribution Company Ltd. (APDCL) entered into an MOU with CIRE of REC Ltd. in 2009-2010 for training of Franchisees and C & D category of employees under National Training Programme. After signing of agreement, LAEDCL went ahead to set up a training institute of its own at Guwahati for imparting training to Franchisee and C & D employees. Initially one class room with audio/visual facility was set up. The institute was inaugurated by chairman cum Managing Director of APDCL in presence of Chief Project Manager of REC Guwahati office, senior officials of Generation, Transmission, Distribution Company on 16th February 2010.Inauguration was followed by first 3 days training programme for C & D employees. Since then APDCL has conducted 7 programme for franchisee till September ’10 and trained 278 existing franchisee. Similarly, for C&D employees (Lineman/Sahayak/Electrician etc) 21 programmes conducted at HQ and field level till September ’10 and trained 516 nos. of lineman/Sahayak/electricians. One computer training class room will be set up shortly. This will facilitate training on computer to C & D category of employees. As per the interaction & feedback with both Franchisee & C&D employees, they are highly benefited. from this training programme. They expect similar training programme in future also.